Ga naar inhoud

Cam Newtons weight loss another sign of

Aanbevolen berichten

Multiple reasons for concern exist at Carolina training camp right now, starting with the swirling changes in the front office after the stunning firing of Dave Gettleman and the slightly le s stunning return of Marty Hurney. Also on the radar is the health of , Carolina's franchise quarterback that of his medical procedure.The world hasbut not much else. That puts everyone in the same position as Ron Rivera, who is excited to see Newton but has only glimpsed the social media video as well."I feel good about where he is. The only thing I saw is the video you guys saw where he threw inside the locker room," . "I'm excited to see him in person tomorrow."Like everyone else, Rivera has also gotten a glimpse of a more svelte version of Newton, a quarterback who appears to have spent the offseason ratcheting up the workout regimen and dropping some pounds. Rivera said that Newton clocked in Cleveland Browns Jersey around 246 pounds, which is the lowest he's been since his rookie year."Yeah I think he came in around somewhere around 246 or something like that," Rivera said. "He's been like this all offseason, considering the fact that he couldn't throw."Newton is listed at 245 on the Panthers roster, but the reality is he has been substantially higher than that over the past few years (although not in a bad way). was "noticeably thinner" and believes if Rivera's "number is accurate, it could be the closest Newton has dipped to his listed weight of 245 since coming to Carolina." In Olivier Vernon Jersey case you needed confirmation, Cam posted an Instagram photo ahead of training camp where he looked ripped and, frankly, kind of skinny. What makes Newton losing weight fascinating is how it will affect him as a runner and how that will affect the Panthers game plan. Or, to put it more simply, Cam could have lost this weight as part of the Panthers' decision to make Greedy Williams Jersey him le s of a runner.Carolina drafted and this season with first- and second-round picks, respectively, with the design of creating a more horizontal pa sing game, diversifying the way that the offense attacks the field and limiting the shots Newton takes by sitting in the pocket and holding the ball forever. Newton losing weight and becoming a little more mobile and nimble, and a little le s physical, would play right into that. in December that what the did with could work as an evolutionary model for Carolina and Newton. Rivera has since cited that example -- and noted that it's been written about -- when comparing how the Panthers want to take care of Newton.Which makes the fact that Roethlisberger, prior to training camp in 2012, lost a "quite a few pounds" very interesting. As is the fact that he was battling injuries, including a shoulder i sue, at the time."Good, I feel really well. I have lost quite a few pounds, just to help that Damarious Randall Jersey ankle healed up quick," . "Shoulder feels good and we'll get out there and see -- hopefully I'm not getting hit anytime soon, so we'll be alright." Also of note there: Like Cam, Roethlisberger was coming off a season in which he suffered a shoulder injury on his throwing arm. The shoulder injury is actually odd, because there wasn't a lot made about it. with Ed Bouchette of the after the season, but he never said what he was battling."I'm just waiting on my shoulder, it's the only thing left to get healed up," Roethlisbeger said in February 2012. "That's the last thing."The similarities now are striking. (Panthers fans should not Google " ," though. Just trust me). The comparisons to Cam and Ben were already there from the early stages of their career. Totem poles on (metaphorical) steroids, defenders were often seen hanging onto the two quarterbacks as they extended plays and took deep shots down the field.But the physical toll on both bodies was -- or is with Newton -- obvious. Through Joel Bitonio Jersey six seasons Roethlisberger was sacked on a terrifying 9.1 percent of his drop backs. Cam has been sacked on 7 percent of his drop backs in his career. Since Todd Haley took over the Steelers offense, Roethlisberger has seen that percentage dip to 5.1 percent of his drop backs, an impre sive number over a five-year span that has extended Roethlisberger's career and turned him into one of the most dangerous (and underrated) quarterbacks in the game.The goal was to get Roethlisberger to use his brain more than his body, to make him, according to NFL.com's Mike Silver, " ." The Panthers want the exact same thing with Newton and it appears they are trying to follow the blueprint to a tee.

Link naar bericht
Delen op andere sites

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

We hebben cookies geplaatst op je toestel om deze website voor jou beter te kunnen maken. Je kunt de cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders gaan we er van uit dat het goed is om verder te gaan.