Ga naar inhoud

Dr. Fauci NFL season will depend on test

Aanbevolen berichten

Leagues acro s the world . With the NFL season rapidly approaching, many are wondering how it will be impacted. The on time last week, with no delays.Yet.Football is a contact sport, meaning the spread of the virus is more likely to happen on the gridiron than say, in aDr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institutes for Health since 1984, has been on the forefront of the coronavirus pandemic and said there are many variables when it comes to football and the virus. , Fauci pointed out how complex the situation really is.The NFL regular season is set to begin on September 10, when the defending Super Bowl champion host the . Fauci said there'd be no way Tre Flowers Jersey to carry out an NFL season right now, in the middle of May, but that if the situation improves by September, there could be football: "I say you can't have a seasonit's impo sible. There's too much infection out D.J. Fluker Jersey there. It doesn't matter what you do. But I would hope that by the time you get to September it's not gonna be the way it is right now."Ultimately, "the virus will make the decision for us," Fauci said.He explained that the virus wouldn't nece sarily spread through sweat, but if an NFL player was on the field and was positive for coronavirus, everyone would be at a high risk. Facui then presented a scenario as an example to show how quickly the virus could spread during a game:"The problem with virus shedding is that if I have it in my nasopharynx, and it sheds and I wipe my hand against my nose -- now it's on my hand. You see, then I touch my chest or my thigh, then it's on my chest or my thigh for at least a few hours. But if people are in such close contact as football players are on every single play, then that's the perfect setup for spreading. I would think that if there is an infected football George Fant Jersey player on the field ... as soon as they hit the next guy, the chances are that they will be shedding virus all over that person."When asked about testing players, Fauci noted that an outbreak among a team would lead to a minimum 14 days of quarantine, which would not allow the team to participate in the next two games, pending a bye.In that case, would the NFL postpone or cancel the games? Would teams Rasheem Green Jersey have to forfeit? Teams would also have to agree to their star player being quarantined if a test came back positive, something that could seriously alter a squad's season. Clearly, the NFL has its work cut out on how to plan around all of these potential circumstances.The news is not all bad, though. Fauci said there is a world where fans could even attend games next season -- as long the virus dies down enough, which is no guarantee."I think it's feasible that negative testing players could play to an empty stadium. Is it guaranteed? No way... There will be virus out there and you will know your players are negative at the time they step onto the field," he said. "Also, if the virus is so low that even in the general community the risk is low, then I could see filling a third of the stadium Tedric Thompson Jersey or half the stadium so people could be six feet apart." Fauci emphasized that this will all depend on where the country is come September, and what the risks are for the players, coaches, personnel and general public.As far as the NFL ultimately starting on time, Facui said that "will be entirely dependent on the effectivene s with which we as a society respond to the inevitable outbreak that will occur in the fall."

Link naar bericht
Delen op andere sites

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

We hebben cookies geplaatst op je toestel om deze website voor jou beter te kunnen maken. Je kunt de cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders gaan we er van uit dat het goed is om verder te gaan.