Ga naar inhoud

WATCH Tom Coughlin says Beckham is a dis

Aanbevolen berichten

This is the first season in two decades that Tom Coughlin hasn't been an NFL head coach. And even though he's now 70 years old, he would have preferred to stay on the sidelines. It Steven Matz Jersey didn't work out, and the , the team he led to two titles, decided to move on. Now the senior advisor to football operations, Coughlin is in a unique position to talk about the Giants, and embattled third-year wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., in particular. Beckham, who caught 187 pa ses for 2,755 yards in his first two seasons, looks like a completely different player in 2016 -- and not in a good way. His on-field mood varies from distracted to disinterested, and he's as likely to get an unsportsmanlike conduct penally as make a game-changing Jose Reyes Jersey play. His latest game -- a 3-catch, 23 receiving yards effort against the -- serves as a microcosm to the season, as does his comments afterwards. "Football is my sanctuary," Beckham told ESPN's Anita Marks. "It's where I go to escape. It's where I'm most happy. ."Meanwhile, Coughlin, who coached Beckham in 2014 and 2015, was on Tuesday's episode of "We Need to Talk," and the conversation turned to the mercurial wide receiver. "He really believes that he is at his best at the top of his pa sion," Coughlin told the panel that included Dana Jacobson, Andrea Kremer, Lisa Leslie and Summer Sanders. "He is so talented. I don't think there's anything the kid can't do. He is a good kid. He is a team guy in the team room. It's just when he gets on the field, there's only one way he knows how to play."So what would Coughlin do if he was still coaching Beckham?"For his own good he needs to learn to channel his pa sion ," he continued. "And I would love to try Asdrubal Cabrera Jersey to help him in this regard because I think so highly of him... But he is a distraction. If you watch a game the camera is on him the whole time."In other New York State-related , Coughlin confirmed a report that he had indeed met with the -- but it was at Rex Ryan's behest, and the get-together took place in the spring. " T hat was at Rex's initiation -- I would meet with ownership. (Rex) would be there. Ru s Brandon (President of the Buffalo Bills) would be there. And we would talk about the role that I would be as part of their program," Coughlin explained. "It was pretty good when we met and talked. I actually think they wanted me to do a lot of things."So what would Coughlin's role be?"Maybe Yoenis Cespedes Jersey sit next to the owner in the pre s box, tell him what I thought about what was good and what was bad (on the field)," he said. "I came away feeling good about it. So did Rex. Then all of the sudden the questions started to come and they decided that it was something they couldn't do. But that was the only meeting we had. And the only time I've ever talked to ownership. Jay Bruce Jersey "Tom Coughlin talks meeting with Rex Ryan and the Buffalo Bills CBS Sports Network (@CBSSportsNet) There was speculation that Coughlin met with the Bills after the team's dismal 0-2 start but Coughlin's agent and the NFL both denied it, according to the . The Bills are now on a two-game winning streak -- including convincing efforts against the and , which means Ryan's job is safe for now.

Link naar bericht
Delen op andere sites

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

We hebben cookies geplaatst op je toestel om deze website voor jou beter te kunnen maken. Je kunt de cookie instellingen aanpassen, anders gaan we er van uit dat het goed is om verder te gaan.